STUFFED VENISON BACKSTRAP
You seriously can’t go wrong with this delicious venison recipe. Whether you cook it right at camp or once you get home, this dish will definitely leave you wanting more.
- Deer or Elk Backstrap – Butterfly Open
- Bacon – thinly sliced
- Cream cheese
- Steak seasoning of your choice – We use Ted and Barney’s
- Anaheim Peppers – sliced in small slivers
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Butterfly your backstrap open with a knife first.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of the meat, and add in thin slices of Anaheim peppers. Add some shredded mozzarella or cheddar.
- Roll meat and wrap with bacon & secure with toothpicks.
- Place on grill and smoke for 2 hours. Finish the cooking process on medium to high heat until the bacon is done and the internal temperature is to your liking.
- Remove from heat & let rest for 10 minutes before slicing
*Alternate cooking in Oven: (400°F for 30 min in the oven). Set to broil to crisp bacon.