Cajun Venison Stuffed Roasted Peppers with Hot Sauce Crema
(2 servings, double for 4)
1/2 cup white rice
2 Bell Peppers, halved and seeded
2 celery stalks, finely diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, halved and sliced
8 oz. ground venison or venison sausage
1 TBSP CAJUN Seasoning
1-2 TBSP chicken stock concentrate
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
Hot sauce of choice
- Start cooking rice first off (stove top, rice cooker, etc)
- Rub bell peppers with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast peppers in oven, cut side down until browned and soften. About 18 min.
- Cook venison on MED-high heat until browned. About 4 minutes.
- Add celery, zucchini, and scallion whites. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add half Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute more.
- Add stock concentrate and 1/3 cup water to pan and simmer 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Add cooked rice to pan, stir to combine.
- Fill roasted peppers as much as you can. Place filled peppers in the on with remaining filling surrounding them. Top with pepper jack cheese and place in oven until cheese is melted. (Not very long at all)
- While cheese is melting, mix sour cream and as much hot sauce as you like together. Add water 1 tsp. At a time until you can drizzle the creama from a spoon.
- Remove peppers from oven, plate them up, drizzle with hot sauce crema and ENJOY!!!!