This recipe can be used with Venison or Antelope. Makes great tacos, nachos and taco salad!
4 lbs wild game roast (approx. 2 roasts)
4 Tablespoons coconut oil
4 Teaspoons Spice and Tea Exchange Southwest Blend spices (can substitute any Mexican spice mix)
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp onion powder (or one large onion, diced)
1. Butterfly wild game roast. The thinner piece will cook faster.
2. Cover with seasoning mix. If you want more spice, add more cayenne. Less spice, do not use cayenne.
3. One large onion diced can be used instead of onion powder.
4. Melt coconut oil in crockpot.
5. Add seasoned meat and onions.
6. Add 8oz water (or beer). The acid in the beer helps with tenderizing.
7. Simmer on low for 6-8 hours. Or on high for 3-4.
8. Turn off crockpot, shred meat with fork.
9. Let meat sit in juices for another hour.
Serve with taco garnish (lettuce, avocado, salsa, tomatoes, etc)