- 3 pounds boneless turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Dried Sage
- 1/4 tsp Dried Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat smoker to 225°F
- Make the dry rub in a small bowl and set aside
- Pat your turkey breast dry with paper towels. Use the melted butter and coat all sides of the turkey using your hands to rub in the butter.
- Season the turkey with poultry seasoning as desired. Use your hands to massage the seasoning into the breast.
- Place the turkey breast directly onto the smoker grill grate and cook for 40-45 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Note: 165°F is the official safe temperature. Removing the breast at 160°F in theory allows time for the turkey to keep cooking up to the safe temperature.
- Remove from heat and cover with tin foil.
- Wait at least 20-30 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to settle in.